The opening day was Friday, September 23, 2022!
The British Antique Museum BAM Kamakura was established on the main street of Kamakura, a minute's walk from Tsurugaoka Hachiman Shrine.
The museum exhibits authentic antiques collected over the years by its director, Masaomi Dobashi, who has a strong affection and passion for British culture.
The building was designed by Kengo Kuma, who also designed the V&A Dundee which is a branch of the Victoria and Albert Museum in England.
Kuma drew inspiration from the traditional craft of Kamakura carving for an appropriate design for the approach to the ancient capital of Kamakura.
* A QR code will be given to you at the entrance, so you can listen to the audio
commentary. Please bring your own earphones. (No rental).
* Eating and drinking are not allowed in the museum.
* Photography is allowed on all floors.
* Please do not touch the exhibits in the museum.
(Some spaces are for hands-on experience).
* Please use hand hygiene in the museum.
* Please do not bring suitcases or other large items into the museum.
Please use the coin lockers nearby.
* Baby strollers are not allowed in the museum.
* Bookings for NIPPON PASS are not required for children under 6 years old.
Please see below for further information.
Please check the official website.